Pastor Sarah Bunge
The Call Committee is pleased to introduce our new Pastor here at East Union Lutheran Church. Pastor Sarah most recently served as Pastor of Worship and Evangelism at Lord Of Life Lutheran in Maple Grove, Minnesota. Previously, she was Pastor of Mission and Outreach at Family of God Lutheran in Brooklyn Park, Pastor of All Saints Lutheran in Minnetonka and Pastor at New Life Lutheran in Bollingbrook, Illinois. She was ordained in 2002. Pastor Sarah is married to Adam Bunge, who practices law, and has two children, Grace and Luther, who are in in 7th and 4th grade respectively. Pastor Sarah will continue to reside in Maple Grove. Her family will be worshipping at East Union Lutheran.
The gifts that the Call Committee discovered in Pastor Sarah's profile and through interviews are:
- Genuine joy, faith and love.
- Inter-generational approach to ministry.
- Sermons that are spiritually invigorating and relevant to every-day life.
- Life long history in the ELCA.
- Gifts in music and ministry that strengthen worship experience.
- History of being active in community organizations.
- History of her pastoral assignments helping congregations to increase in attendance and grow in their love of God and neighbor.
- Seeks to have a balance between family and ministry.
Call Committee Members
- Larry Cruse - Call Committee Chair
- Ann Decker
- Kent Hasse
- Carol Kolodejchuk
- Paul Lundquist
- Tom Steers
- Margie Theis
- Erica Wirtz